DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DroidTV MX stuck on boot logo
08-09-2013, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 12:41 AM by Evgeniy.)
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 23 Hours, 18 Minutes, 34 Seconds ago DroidTV MX stuck on boot logo
Hi folks

Here is the description for the process on how to recover box, which is stuck on boot logo:

Solution Nr1:

Step 1: Recovery bootloader repair.

Download this file and extract to an empty SD card:
droidtv-boot-recovery.zip (5.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!lpJDGDBJ!b8UP-ygGFn...hFvXKlcE5Y

(Your SD card should have two files: u-boot.bin and recovery.img)

Insert the SD card into your BOX and boot the BOX holding the reset button located in the A/V port on the back of the device.
You must hold this button with a toothpick while applying power to the device for about 10 seconds and then release the button. You will see the “DroidTV” logo appear on the screen. After about 10-12 seconds you will be presented with the Android recovery menu.
Your boot loader is now repaired. Please unplug your unit (Your remote control will not be functional until after the next step).

Step 2: Install latest firmware.
You will need to install the latest firmware on your DroidTV to prevent your device from having the boot lock problem in the future.
The latest firmware can be found here:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=300

Solution NR2:
If you are getting the boot screen and it doesn't pass the A9 or Androidgadget screen, then you try shorteing pins Nr 7 and 8 as shown on the picture:

1. Download and extract the latest firmware for MX Box to the root folder of the SD Card
2. unplug and open device
2. Turn On the device and while the device is on short circuit 2 pins (7 and 8) for 5-10 sec on memory chip
[Image: 20130720_105445_edited.jpg]
3. After some time you should see the recovery console
4. Go to "Update from EXT -> Update from SD Card " and locate the firmware zip file. Then select the file to start the upgrade procedure.

We are here to help you. [url=http://androidgadget.co.uk]AndroidGadget UK[/url]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 23 Hours, 18 Minutes, 34 Seconds ago RE: DroidTV MX stuck on boot logo
what the password for the download
ive tried androidgadget.co.uk
08-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 23 Hours, 18 Minutes, 34 Seconds ago RE: DroidTV MX stuck on boot logo
Try now, I have updated the link

We are here to help you. [url=http://androidgadget.co.uk]AndroidGadget UK[/url]
10-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Sorry if i`m on wrong place to put a question.but i search the forums and could not find an answer.On my droidtv MX i try to update and i follow all instructions above.While installing update it get stuck halfway on bar for hours.Any help about please?
10-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Try formatting the SD card, then write the files again. Another possibility try with a different SD card.
You can also try locking it before running the update process.
05-30-2014, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 03:19 AM by halfax.)
ny one tell me password

tried androidgadget.co.uk s pssword not working
06-05-2014, 05:42 PM
How to make image backup for whole the device that can I install it via sdcard on boot like ROM?
06-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 23 Hours, 18 Minutes, 34 Seconds ago RE: MBOX stuck on boot logo
Hi, how am i supposed to do the short circuit et with wich stuff ? Is this the same procedure for the mbox model mbox android tv dvb s2 g18ref ? Thanks
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Hello I did solution NR1 and was able to boot to recovery mode but now cannot use my remote control to install the new firmware. How to proceed to step 2 to install the new firmware if i cant use the remote control to scroll down?
11-19-2014, 07:46 AM
USB keyboard did it for me