DroidTV MX Linux XBMC Release Candidate 2 has been released!

Alpha release of the Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV MX and Tronsmart Prometheus

Updated XBMC release for DroidTV MX & M3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very Very Happy with Droid TV MX
06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Not Solved Very Very Happy with Droid TV MX
I just wanted to say a big thank you to the Android Gadget team. THANK YOU!!!!!!

You ALL have been amazing with dealing with my problems in the beginning.

I finally set up my replacement Droid TV MX last night and was totally blown away.

Latest firmware and XBMC pre installed and worked straight away no problem.

Few questions:

1) I switched the device off yesterday after testing to tidy the wiring up a bit. When I switched the device back on I noticed that it asked me to go through the set up wizard again. Is there anyway to bypass this as I think it will get annoying to go through everything everytime I switch the device on. At present I just press the home button to go to main screen.

2) Also when i switched the device back on, I noticed an update. Picture attached. I wanted to know if I should install this. I do not want to ruin the settings or change anything by installing this. (please see attched shots) Am I okay to go ahead and update this without any problem.

3) I use a mele F10 remote with this device but have noticed in order to power off I have to use the standard remote that came with the device. The power button on the mele f10 does not work. What can I do (if anything)

4) how can I resize the widgets on the home screen to make bigger or smaller?

Thats enough for now I think!!!

Love the product and cant wait for my Minix Geo N4 to arrive!!!!

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Not Solved RE: Very Very Happy with Droid TV MX
Hi t1x,

We are very happy you are fully satisfied with your purchase! Smile

Will try to answer to your questions:

1) The setup wizard should be ran only once. You have to go through all the steps and press ok at the end and then it should not be run next time you start the box
2) We are currently testing the OTA update services. They are still not available for time being, but soon we are going to provide our customers with the full description how the services work and since then you will be able to get automated FW updates once they become available
3) Unfortunately you can't power off/on the device using the Mele F10, the Mele F10 was designed to be used with the Mele A1000 and Mele A2000 set top boxes.
4) The screen density can be updated using the some apps or by changing the settings in the ROM. We will make this available in future releases for MX box.
Meanwhile you can read this article on how to make this:
http://wccftech.com/article/increase-screen-dpi/

We are here to help you. AndroidGadget UK
06-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the prompt response

Please see my response in capitals.

1) The setup wizard should be ran only once. You have to go through all the steps and press ok at the end and then it should not be run next time you start the box (I HAVE DONE THAT ANY IT STILL HAPPENS. WHAT CAN I DO?))
2) We are currently testing the OTA update services. They are still not available for time being, but soon we are going to provide our customers with the full description how the services work and since then you will be able to get automated FW updates once they become available (SHALL I IGNORE THIS THEN OR UPDATE IT ANYWAY?)
3) Unfortunately you can't power off/on the device using the Mele F10, the Mele F10 was designed to be used with the Mele A1000 and Mele A2000 set top boxes. (OKAY NO WORRIES, WILL TRY ANOTHER REMOTE I HAVE)
4) The screen density can be updated using the some apps or by changing the settings in the ROM. We will make this available in future releases for MX box. (OKAY NO PROBLEM)

Sorry for the capitals!!!
06-12-2013, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 10:38 PM by Evgeniy.)
I will have a look how to remove the wizzard screen.

Meanwhile you can not turn off the box. It consumes max 5 watts of power when it's turned on and 1 watt when it's off.
1000 Wh=£0.12 = 200hours of running. or 0.06p/per hour
356 days x 24 hours * 0.06p = £5.12 per year.

Just think, is it worth paying the £5.12 for having your apps always there and save some time to wait the box to boot up each time you turn it on Wink

Btw, you can try this app for changing the screen density:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...sity&hl=en

We are here to help you. AndroidGadget UK
06-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Was going to turn off, because it does get a bit warm.

Thanks for looking at the wizard thing and for the link?

Is my box rooted?

Shall I ignore the update of ROM that its asking me to download?

Its asks me everytime I boot the machine?. How can I disable it if you do not want me to update?

Thanks
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi T1x,
We have disabled OTA update for now, but if you will see it please do ignore it.

Regards,
Anatoly
06-13-2013, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 09:46 AM by t1x.)
Thanks for the reply.

How can I remove the message then. It comes up everytime I switch machine on.

Set up wizard problem now solved after I Unplugged the box to move wires.

Also can you tell me if my box is rooted. I pressume it is but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks.
06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
it has to be rooted, but to be sure there is a free app on the Play Store - Root Checker