DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
xbmc tvheadend pvr client
09-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Solved: 3 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 10 Hours, 16 Minutes, 1 Second ago RE: xbmc tvheadend pvr client
I am sorry to ask this again, and I fully see that I do not understand something basic.

1. You have a TVHeadend server that streams satelite chanlles.
2. On your g18ref android device you have xbmc with the hts pvr addon?
3. This works for SD?

4. I do not see where the simple iptv addon comes into play, it is used for seeing ip broadcasting inside your xbmc.

Or are you saying that you connected the iptv addon somehow to the TvHeadend server (which streams the sattelite feed) and if so how?

Thanks,
And sorry for me not understanding
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Solved: 3 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 10 Hours, 16 Minutes, 1 Second ago RE: xbmc tvheadend pvr client
(09-08-2013 06:23 PM)alon24 Wrote:  I am sorry to ask this again, and I fully see that I do not understand something basic.

1. You have a TVHeadend server that streams satelite chanlles.
2. On your g18ref android device you have xbmc with the hts pvr addon?
3. This works for SD?

4. I do not see where the simple iptv addon comes into play, it is used for seeing ip broadcasting inside your xbmc.

Or are you saying that you connected the iptv addon somehow to the TvHeadend server (which streams the sattelite feed) and if so how?

Thanks,
And sorry for me not understanding

Moi device streams via TVHEADEND server satelitte tv signal ( 192.168.xxx.xxx:9981)
On MX2(android/linux box) you have xbmc.
you have to activate live tv function in xbmc ... when you activate that function will ask to activate a client .
in xbmc on the box activate tvheadend hts client ... hit configure on the addon and on first line insert your tvheadend server ip
it will start automatically import epgp then the channels.
then you go to live tv tab main menu xbmc and you will find your chanells there.

Simple Iptv addon request a bit of diff strategy.
you gonna need to open the tvheadend server streams with vlc and save the playlist
then you load the playlist in Simple Iptv addon

I am using linux build root firmware ... not android but works on android too.
09-08-2013, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:43 PM by alon24.)
So in the first method, on linux you have the tvheadend pvr addon on your xbmc and it works ok for sd content?
If so which xbmc version do you use (link) and I will install the linux firmware on my MX2 (g18ref) device.

In case you use the second method, as I understand it, you cannot hit record on the tvheadend server channel, because IPTV addon just streams the data, and does not control the server.

Which method do u use that works for you ?

I have tested android with xbmc 12.0 and tvheadend pvr plugin does not work well.

I installed a 12.2 version for amlogic android, but when I try to view a channel it exits xbmc.

Thats why I am asking for someones experience...
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:57 PM by diabloss.)
for first method you can use any xbmc version (amlogic compatible http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/forumdi...php?fid=32)
sd channels should work out of the box. hd channels will not work via tvh hts (bug)

as for linux firmware....if you are not familiar with recovery and linux usage id strongly advise you NOT to use it (bricking the box)
stick to android browse the xbmc link i gave you grab amlogic versions test them and stick to which one you like.

im using both addons

tvh hts for sd channels
simple iptv for hd channels

Search xbmc-XIOS-051013.apk and use it. it should work for sure
09-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your reply,
I will look for the android xbmc version, and hope it works well.

I am famillier with recovery, linux no problem, can you please share the link to which xbmc linux version you use (your link is to
" XBMC for Android -> Unoffical XBMC Builds"
Jump to the post that solved this thread.