[HOW-TO] Flash firmware into the DroidTV MX
08-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Not Solved RE: [HOW-TO] Flash firmware into the DroidTV MX
hi. is asking for password to exctract the file
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi guys am new to this stuff. I flashed the MX firmware process worked fine. However xbmc play distorted videos. Distortion only changes when the box is restarted.
09-02-2014, 10:46 AM
hi when i load this file on mx2 it says erasing... then it gives me an error please help thanks!!!
09-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi im new new to this. I have a android tv box with mx on the top. everything was working fine then my wifi wont turn on. Downloaded root explorer installed then when i goto data says box is not rooted ? Any suggstions ? Should i just replash the frimware ? Also do I need a sd card to reflash or can i use usb ? Thanks for any help. Love this site and I have done plenty of reading and cant find a solution to turn wifi back on
09-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Use SD card to flas firmware from this site. It should fix the problem. If problem not fixed then use root explorer.
09-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Eblade. Everything works fine except the wifi. I would rather not flash it. When i install root explorer it install then when i goto data it says my device is not rooted ? I have red and red but I can not figure out how to root my device. I have a android tv box with mx on the top.
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I had similar problem. The mx firmware from this site will root your device and fix wifi. If wifi is not fixed then root explorer will help you. There is also a good firmware at droidplayer.co.uk
10-31-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 05:01 AM by Wileykay.)

(09-02-2014 11:00 AM)maclevel Wrote:  Hi im new new to this. I have a android tv box with mx on the top. everything was working fine then my wifi wont turn on. Downloaded root explorer installed then when i goto data says box is not rooted ? Any suggstions ? Should i just replash the frimware ? Also do I need a sd card to reflash or can i use usb ? Thanks for any help. Love this site and I have done plenty of reading and cant find a solution to turn wifi back on

Sorry guys, new here. Just bought one of these https://www.targetcomponents.co.uk/monit...VCO-DV141D which I think is a DroidTV MX ?? I have ordered an SD card but would love to start flashing from a USB stick if at all possible?
10-31-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes u need a SD card 2 GB will be fine. Flash the May 2014 firmware from this site and you will be good.
10-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Any reaaon why that one particularly?

How do I know what is compatible etc?

Thank you