DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX
07-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Not Solved RE: [HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX
Thanks!!

The unbrick method works (in my case without shortcutting anything) on my MBX g18ref v.2.21.

But the creation of special SD card was tricky by

dd 1 u-boot.bin

This only works under Windows XP so I had to run VMware virtual pc with WinXP under Win7 to do this.

[i]In case you need help, ask it in a thread so people with similar problems may get help aswell.
Please do not ask technical questions by PM.[/i]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

I have a small comment to the unbrick solution three. Are you sure that the 8-pin chip is the SPI flash? 4334KSZ is probably just an D/A converter. If I tried to check SPI flash presence in u-boot I was not successful so I'm pretty sure that there is no SPI flash in DroidTV MX and the solution 3 in this thread is a nonsense.

thanks
Jan
11-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi.
a Big Thanks.... I had my tv box Brikked and now IT WORKS!!!! (and seems better than first)!!!
11-07-2013, 04:13 AM
(08-26-2013 04:26 PM)xhpohanka Wrote:  Hi all,

I have a small comment to the unbrick solution three. Are you sure that the 8-pin chip is the SPI flash? 4334KSZ is probably just an D/A converter. If I tried to check SPI flash presence in u-boot I was not successful so I'm pretty sure that there is no SPI flash in DroidTV MX and the solution 3 in this thread is a nonsense.

thanks
Jan

Good point, have updated the thread and removed the solution nr3 Wink

We are here to help you. [url=http://androidgadget.co.uk]AndroidGadget UK[/url]
02-16-2014, 03:30 AM
Why not put a ready u-boot.bin available for download, Windows XP problem solved as most user now on W7 or W8
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 10:52 PM by 215HAN.)
Is there any other way other than the u-boot.bin

cant seem to get this to work

any suggestions please?

thanks

hi

by running cmd as admin the dd process works

going to test now
06-01-2014, 11:14 PM
still not working

what am i doing wrong?
09-04-2014, 11:29 PM
i tied the first method and after a lot of coffee i made it

Solution Nr.1 (updated on 09/08/2013)
If you are getting the boot screen and it doesn't pass the A9 or Androidgadget screen, then you try shorteing pins Nr 7 and 8 as shown on the picture:

1. Download and extract to the root folder of the SD Card latest firmware for the MX box
2. unplug and open device
2. Turn On the device and while the device is on short circuit 2 pins (7 and 8) for 5-10 sec on memory chip
[Image: 20130720_105445_edited.jpg]
3. After some time you should see the recovery console
4. Go to "Update from EXT -> Update from SD Card " and locate the firmware zip file. Then select the file to start the upgrade procedure.

how i made it , first u must be sure where is the 7 and 8 pins , the No. one pin is the one close to little cavity on ic chip, then when u boot your device plug only the lan cable (why is that, because if lights start flashing that means that u did it ok if not probably u have wrong pins sorted) have the sd card ready but not plugged in with the firmware of media , the 3 files , plug the power and count slowly to 10 , if u don't see anything on tv don't worry plug the sd in media and wait a bit if everything its ok u see the update on screen .
in my tv i only show a black screen but after a wile i notice that it didn't have the massage -no signal- only black , so i figure something going on and i plug the sd and everything its ok now
09-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks this file it work for my mx brick box =with red light on .

Also . any new update the file is from 04/14/2013

rcw
09-09-2014, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 08:40 PM by piperider.)
Just curious the red arrow I have in this pic pointing to the red circle is that a fuse im guessing so as I have an mx box with this fried and no display does anyone have any idea and what value it is or a link to a replacement I know its a little off topic but I was actually trying to revive this box then when I took it apart to jump pins 7-8 I found this what looks like a fuse fried

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)