DroidTV MX Linux XBMC Release Candidate 2 has been released!

Alpha release of the Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV MX and Tronsmart Prometheus

Updated XBMC release for DroidTV MX & M3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX
05-24-2013, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 04:12 AM by Evgeniy.)
Not Solved [HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX
Today we got 2 solutions how to unbrick the Tronsmart Prometheus and users reported this solutions worked for the DroidTV MX.
First one was provided by by official Prometheus representative and the second one by @iamwally

Solution Nr.1 (updated on 09/08/2013)
If you are getting the boot screen and it doesn't pass the A9 or Androidgadget screen, then you try shorteing pins Nr 7 and 8 as shown on the picture:

1. Download and extract to the root folder of the SD Card latest firmware for the MX box
2. unplug and open device
2. Turn On the device and while the device is on short circuit 2 pins (7 and 8) for 5-10 sec on memory chip
[Image: 20130720_105445_edited.jpg]
3. After some time you should see the recovery console
4. Go to "Update from EXT -> Update from SD Card " and locate the firmware zip file. Then select the file to start the upgrade procedure.

Just use something
Solution Nr.2 (Visson's):
1. Download the FW that you know worked for your device
2. Extract all files into the work folder. There should be factory_update_param.aml, gXXref-ota-XXXXXXXX.zip, recovery.zip
3. Extract the content of the u-boot.bin (attached) into the SD card. Use image below for refference.
[Image: image.png]
or you can alternatively use the SDTool (attached)
4. Copy the rest files to the SD Card - factory_update_param.aml, gXXref-ota-XXXXXXXX.zip, recovery.zip
5. Insert the SD Card and boot your device into the recovery mode. (see this thread for reference: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=162 )
6. You should see the Android sign with the progress bar.
7. The device should restart followed by the successful boot.

Let me us know if any of these solutions worked for you.

Attached File(s)
.zip  DD.ZIP (Size: 116.46 KB / Downloads: 392)
.zip  SDTool.zip (Size: 374.69 KB / Downloads: 400)
.zip  u-boot.zip (Size: 253.87 KB / Downloads: 466)
.pdf  DD_README.pdf (Size: 98.7 KB / Downloads: 377)

We are here to help you. AndroidGadget UK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2013, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 07:24 AM by boni.)
Not Solved RE: [HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX
I've tried solution 1 unsuccessfully, but haven't tried solution 2 yet. I'll let everyone know how it goes once I have a chance to try.

Update: I tried solution 2. No luck. Looks like I'm in the market for a new box. Nuts!

Update 2: I've been trying both methods without any success. I get no indications of any activity no matter which method I use (blue LED is on but no blinking). I've tried several different SD cards as well. Once I get my USB A-A cable delivered, I'll try the Amlogic flashing tool for kicks, and am open to any/all other reasonable suggestions.

Boni
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
got this one box someone brought to me bricked
was their fault so trying to get u-boot extracted sdtools will not work 'windows 8 comp here and dd always says read disk fails
any ideas
thanks
06-26-2013, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 02:56 AM by Digiman2.)
Hello. No new solutions Unbrick DroidTV MX. I've tried all the variants that are here on the forum and still brick.

Observations:

- No SD card is a black screen
- With SD card (firmware Prometheus_4_14_Unlocked or [androidgadget.co.uk] DroidTV_MX_422_20130525), is the only logo screen ANDROIDGADGET.co.uk

thanks and sorry for bad English
07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
try flashing prometheus first, if flashing takes alittle long ~5 min, wait until reboot.
then wipe sd, and put customized gbox version, flash again via av button, wait until finish, then remove card, and turn off / on again.
07-11-2013, 06:25 PM
is there any way i can do it using Win7 because it requires xp. i don't have it Sad
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Have you tried to use the XP compatibily mode -http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode ?

07-12-2013, 05:10 AM
yeah i tried that.. with no luck. I even tried the Winxp Mode ( virtual PC ) .. and again with no luck.
07-12-2013, 06:09 AM
my box became a Brick and none of the above solutions are solving. Is there a third option?
07-12-2013, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 06:33 AM by Evgeniy.)
djhyperd, Could you please explain the steps you tried and we will try to analyze them to help you.

@fomaim, what exactly doesn't work for you? You can't make a recovery sd card or something else?