DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Poll: Was this thread useful to you?
Yes, give me more!
Very soft release...
You know nothing about the development...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Customized GBox MX2 4.2.2 Firmware 20130514 for DroidTV MX
06-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Not Solved RE: Customized GBox MX2 4.2.2 Firmware 20130514 for DroidTV MX
(06-14-2013 01:22 PM)derekdauzat Wrote:  i bought a android tv box from focalprice.com it has android 4.2.2 and a MX logo on top, i dont think its rooted and so i want to root it, i believe it has amlogic dual core a9 cpu with the 400 gpu, and 8gb storage can someone tell me what files i need and how to use it.. thanks

If it's a 4.2.2 release, then you can use this FW version:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=170
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2013, 01:07 AM
I followed all of the steps and it worked fine. Then i installed the matricom apk of xmbc and everything worked. My problem is when i turned the device off and back on again, it was like the firmware didnt take. Do i need to keep the SD card if for good now or is there a way to get the firmware upgrade to stick so I dont have to run through the whole process everytime I power on the device? Any help is appreciated as Ive grown tired with this thing and Im considering moving on from it.
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
i have followed the steps on my mx box 4.2.2 g18ref board after the black screen I extracted the mx2 firmware to put on and nothing happens I am left with a device what will not get a signal to the tv? can anybody help
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 09:16 AM by Evgeniy.)
Hi, have you tried the procedure described in the following thread:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=161

Do you get an Android boot logo?
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I have a generic box (this one from dx.com: http://dx.com/p/e-m6-android-4-2-dual-co...ack-197262).

It has the AmLogic 8726 M6 dual core processor and is newer board revision (f16ref, IIRC) and Android (4.2.2). I have had no luck with the installed firmware and any of the many versions of XBMC out there. All play local files alright, but a bit jerky and SMB mounted shares buffer horribly, which does not happen with my good old Apple TVs (1 and 2).

Am I to understand that this custom firmware will work on it, and get me a better chance at a properly working XBMC? Some people have reported that they have had success with "dual core" boxes, but nowhere is the M6 part mentioned. As I understand, the M6 is the only dual core version of this processor, the M1 and M3 are single core. Not sure what MX or MX2 is.

Anyway, I am planning to go ahead soon and follow the instructions here (http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/forumdi...php?fid=55). I am bit concerned that I am relying on multiple levels of inference here, and a little bit of blind faith. If anyone thinks that I am going to brick it this way (or not), I would appreciate a quick note enormously!

Otherwise, I will report back in a few days with either a smiley or frownie ...

Press On!
06-28-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 03:08 PM by Evgeniy.)
Hi andreas, I couldn't open the link you provided. As far as your box looks the same as droidttv mx you can try the following fw but the result isn't guaranteed. It is highly recommended to have the original fw in case something goes wrong.
The amlogic 8726mx and 8726m6 are the same SoC. Just a different naming. I know that is frustrating but it is as it isWink

Btw, I would recommend you to go with the newer version of the fw for the MX box
06-28-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 12:20 PM by mesaja.)
Sorry for my bad english, I just want to report, I've finally successfully unbrick my droidtv mx (got brick, no A9 logo, no android logo, recovery menu only), following the procedures stated on post #1, however, in my experience, when I flash at the "first phase"
=========================================
Turn off the MX box. Insert SD Card with the firmware. Put the toothpick in to the AV slot to press the hidden button. While holding the button plug the power cable in. After 6 seconds release the button. You should see the Android sign followed by the flashing progress bar.
Don't remove the SD Card at this point.
The box will restart and will continue to flash the rest of the Prometheus FW files.
The box will restart once again.
Now you will see the black screen. Don't panic, everything is going well
=========================================
It always flashing in loop after black screen, it will restart, when enters recovery & auto flashing firmware again, until I finally managed to turn off the power after itu flashed about 5 times.

then, wipe the sdcard, and copy the " second phase" : "Wipe out all the data on the SD Card. Extract the customized GBox Firmware MX2 files into the SD Card"

after flashing about 5-10 minutes, It finally works.

This procedure works, also to downgrade firmware.
06-28-2013, 08:08 PM
hi thanks for your reply,yes there was a android icon on screen it was lying down with a red x throught middle there was options on screen I choose boot from ext clicked on sd card then it said the Tronsmart Prometheus software to install clicked on that went to blank screen took the sd card out extracted mx2 firmware put on sd card and plugged in to sd card following same method as step 1 nothing happen my box just stook on tv screen no signal ? which still does it

the problem I had with the box in the first place was when i went to xbmc to play a stream the stream would open with sound but no video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZvfP6-jE..._dn5DQqPLQ
i have made a video for you to see
any feedback would be much aprociated
06-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks, Evgeniy, for confirming that MX is M6. That makes me feel much more confident.

Sorry about the link. Maybe easier: Google "e-m6 android 4.2" and the dx.com link will be second in the list. Unfortunately I do not seem to have any "original firmware", which is another reason I am trying to find one that works. I would feel so much safer with something to flash back to. Not sure what you mean by "following fw". I am planning to use the "[androidgadget.co.uk]-DroidTV_MX_422_20130525.zip" from the other thread.

Thanks

Cheers, Andreas
06-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Andreas, the E-M6 = DroidTV MX, so don't worry. You can easily make upgrade to the [androidgadget.co.uk]-DroidTV_MX_422_20130525.zip release