DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Linux XBMC For DroidTV MX (MX2REF G18REF)
02-10-2014, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 07:58 AM by Evgeniy.)
Not Solved Linux XBMC For DroidTV MX (MX2REF G18REF)
THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR DroidTV MX only

Link:
Hosted at Dropbox

ChangeLog:
Incomplete details, however changes include...
Mali Drivers updated - 12.25
Amlogic Kernel updated - November 2013 buildroot release

Instructions
Two methods...

Both start with:
Download the new firmware from the link at the top of this post.
Insert a blank card into your PC, and using 7-zip (free), WinZip, WinRAR or even Windows built-in utility, extract the downloaded ZIP file into the root (do NOT create a folder!) of the blank card
Double check that these three files are the only contents, and not in a folder within the card:

MX_LINUX-v1.00-RC2-DTVMX-update.zip
factory_update_param.aml
recovery.img

If you're upgrading from an Android environment, read on
If you're doing this from within Linux, scroll straight down to the section marked... Linux

Android
Safely eject the card from your computer, and insert it into your DroidTV MX device
Wait half a minute
On your DroidTV, bring up the list of installed applications, and select Upgrade
Click Local Upgrade & select the file - MX_LINUX-v1.00-RC2-DTVMX-update.zip
Your device should now restart, and automatically flash the new firmware.
One more reboot, and you should be finished.

Linux
Safely eject the card from your computer, and insert it into your powered down DroidTV MX device
Insert a cocktail stick/toothpick into the A/V port on the back of your DroidTV MX.
You should be able to feel initial resistance, and then a button being depressed. Keep your stick/pick in place.
Power up your DroidTV device.
After 5 seconds remove the toothpick/cocktail stick.
If you do not observe an Android logo with an update icon spinning, please power down and try again.
Device will restart, you should see the DroidTV splash screen, and no error messages.

Android And Linux Final Step
From within XBMC, select Video, Add-Ons, Then DroidTV Wizard
Select the Addons Pack for DroidTV MX Linux.
Wait for the process to complete.
Enjoy

We are here to help you. [url=http://androidgadget.co.uk]AndroidGadget UK[/url]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Not Solved RE: Linux XBMC For DroidTV MX (MX2REF G18REF)
Which github is this based on? Is this a croniccorey build? Or a jaybob build? As neither of them have released an update. Plus apperantly you've changed something as you've added the droidtv add-on wizard.

I would really like to know what I'm installing.
02-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Installed it last night, seems to be fine not tested any of the repos, good idea adding your own wee collection.

Takes a bit of time for it all to start updating. Good collection of repos when combined with unity, super repo and yours.
02-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, I have tested the RC1 release available on this forum and of course the XDA one, and I decided to continue to run XBMC on Android for the three following reasons
1) even if Linux on Droid TV offers XBMC @ 1080p, it actually freezes a lot, I suppose due to lack of proprer hardware acceleration. On Android, my XBMC resolution is limited to 720p ok, but 1080p on linux MX does not work... so what's the point to run XBMC on Linux MX ?
2) the A/V output does not work !!! No sound !!! I can only get audio through HDMI impossible to get it through my A/V port and this is absolutely needed in my case !! My DroiTV MX is connected to a 1080p LED projector that has no audio output !! I don't have that problem with Android !! The A/V output works and I can get some audio out of my Droid TV !
3) my bBE azery keyboard is recognised as a qwerty one by XBMC on linux MX, this is very anoying !!! I don't know how to fix it !!

So does this new RC release solves these problems ? Or shall I test myself and report here :-) :-)
02-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Work with GBox MX2 (US version)?

Thanks
02-14-2014, 06:59 AM
someone please help i have installed this on my mx now i cant remove it or connect to my wifi and when i do connect by ethernet i cant install anything at all
it lets me add fusion but no add on at all
i have tried toothpick recovery but it wont work
02-14-2014, 01:02 PM
this rom works very well on my MX,

the only thing so far is, eth0 MAC address is never the same after a reboot!!??!!

is there any way to fix this ?

thanks!
02-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Some people report 1080p freezing with RC1. But it looks random. I'm running Cronicoreys RC1 for more than 2 months now without any freeze.
03-01-2014, 04:27 AM
I have tried this linux firmware and many others including linux and android but it seems no add ons work they are all blank or empty even with this linux xbmc
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
So is anyone using this firmware? If so, how is it working for you?