DroidTV MX Linux XBMC Release Candidate 2 has been released!

Alpha release of the Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV MX and Tronsmart Prometheus

Updated XBMC release for DroidTV MX & M3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My DoidTV MX has BRICK! :(
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 05:55 PM by androidgadget11.)
Not Solved My DoidTV MX has BRICK! :(
Hello,

When I uploading new firmware, turned off the electricity in all my house.
Now my DroidTV MX is bricked.
When I turn on the device.
The LED is blue and I always have a black screen.

Standard procedure to upgrade the firmware does not work!

What is the procedure to unbrick my DroidTV MX!?
Perhaps, through the USB cable connected to a PC?
Perhaps, by preparing the SD card from the system recovery?
Maybe you have this information from the manufacturer?
Please help.

Thank You
Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 03:15 AM
Not Solved RE: My DoidTV MX has BRICK! :(
There's a reset button hidden inside the a/v out port on the back of the MX. You could try pressing it in with a toothpick while plugging the power in (hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds after applying power). Normally it brings up a recovery menu; you may be able to reload firmware from an SD card this way.
05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
(05-10-2013 03:15 AM)boni Wrote:  There's a reset button hidden inside the a/v out port on the back of the MX. You could try pressing it in with a toothpick while plugging the power in (hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds after applying power). Normally it brings up a recovery menu; you may be able to reload firmware from an SD card this way.

I wrote i my first post:
Standard procedure to upgrade the firmware does not work!
Device does not respond.

I think, I need factory procedure.
Connect my DroidTV MX with PC via USB and flash it.
I found: Amlogic Low level flashing tool
But i don't know how use it with my DroidTV MX.

I'm waiting for solution Smile

Greetings
05-10-2013, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:53 PM by speedylaci.)
I have the same problem i did try the flashing tool with no success i did try the usb burning tool also and i got as far as being recognized by the computer but after that i have no recovery file for this specific box so i am stuck on a black screen and a blue light Smile ,it must be a way to do it or a recovery image for this box but i could t find it yet and yes the standard procedure not working in my case either
Thanks
cheers
05-10-2013, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 05:54 PM by androidgadget11.)
(05-10-2013 02:53 PM)speedylaci Wrote:  I have the same problem i did try the flashing tool with no success i did try the usb burning tool also and i got as far as being recognized by the computer but after that i have no recovery file for this specific box so i am stuck on a black screen and a blue light Smile ,it must be a way to do it or a recovery image for this box but i could t find it yet and yes the standard procedure not working in my case either
Thanks
cheers

Hello,

Can you describe exactly the procedure.
How do you connect DroidTV MX for PC?
Which USB port did you use?
What jumper on the board DroidTV? etc ...

I found it: Droid Stick A2 mini PC Recovery with AMLogic’s Hardware Flash Tool
But I do not know where it is equivalent to T14 pads on DroidTV MX board.
[Image: Droid_Stick_A2_Recover_TP14.jpg]

DroidTV MX board:

[Image: GBox_Midnight_MX2_Board_640px.jpg]
[Image: GBox_Midnight_MX2_Board._Bottom.jpg]

Greetings
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 01:54 AM by speedylaci.)
Hi
I used the first usb port which is in beside the av but before connecting i used the tweezers and i shorted on the chip 1228 the 5 and 6 legs counting from top down towards the back on your picture as looking at it on the left .
But is only recognizing it as m4 or m6 you need the world cup device drivers and the burning tool from here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41478-ho...l-crystal/ . looks like the one u got!
i only was able to succeed with the usb recovery file all the rest wont load or gives me an error !But it took me a full day don't even know how many tries but a lot Smile until i got this far because it opened two ports at the same time and stuck at 4% or8%or 16% or 80% .I checked the nand flash and no hub support and when got to 80% i unplugged it from the usb that when started looking good and finished the process .It will take you several tries to but don't give up eventually will install the usb recovery,now we need the proper recovery firmware to go further !
Good luck

Attached File(s)
.zip  usb_recovery.zip (Size: 5.05 MB / Downloads: 98)
05-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi guys! Just wanted to jump in here with an idea. I am not totally sure about this since I have not received my Droid TV MX yet (should be here any day! Smile ) but in looking at the pics you posted I noticed something. It seems like it has the standard 4 pad SPI programming interface which would we could probably use a unbrick process similar to the one I posted for my Wepower Mediabox MX. Check it out and let me know what you think.

[Image: GBox_Midnight_MX2_Zoom_SPI.jpg]

Thanks,

iamwally
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 12:41 PM by speedylaci.)
Hi thanks for the info but i can't find your post can you please send me the link .
the link for the unbrick process or the wepower forum link
Thanks

Ps: I did find the links Iamwally I don't know the reason but all the downloads from Mega stop around 8% what i am doing wrong ? i did register and still
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I just tried to download the files from my limks and they seem to work fine and I wasn't logged in a s me or anything so I am not sure why they are not working for you. I uploaded to Dropbox as well. Try these links instead.

Wepower Mediabox Unbrick.rar

MX Putty Logs.rar

Let me know if these work for you.

Thanks,

iamwally
05-12-2013, 02:36 AM
There appears to be a method to unbrick the G-box midnight (which looks to have the same hardware). You might try checking this link:

http://androidtvbox.us/how-to-recover-yo...-midnight/

Boni