DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Board "HD18 v2.22"
11-10-2013, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:57 PM by no_spam_for_me.)
Solved: 3 Years, 3 Months, 3 Days, 22 Hours, 38 Minutes, 56 Seconds ago RE: New Board "HD18 v2.22"
1. ""my system partition is 40c00000 and my usrdata is 18c000000."
=> That only means, that your cache is a little bit higher/bigger than mine

2. "i need the boot partition"
=> Sorry, couldn't do so, because I haven't root rights (see above)
dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock4 of=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/AML_MX_dd.out/recovery.img
dd: can't open '/dev/block/mtdblock4': Permission denied
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/AML_MX_dd.out/recovery.img
dd: can't open '/dev/mtd/mtd4': Permission denied
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Solved: 3 Years, 3 Months, 3 Days, 22 Hours, 38 Minutes, 56 Seconds ago RE: New Board "HD18 v2.22"
(11-10-2013 08:47 PM)no_spam_for_me Wrote:  1. ""my system partition is 40c00000 and my usrdata is 18c000000."
=> That only means, that your cache is a little bit higher/bigger than mine

2. "i need the boot partition"
=> Sorry, couldn't do so, because I haven't root rights (see above)
dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock4 of=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/AML_MX_dd.out/recovery.img
dd: can't open '/dev/block/mtdblock4': Permission denied
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/AML_MX_dd.out/recovery.img
dd: can't open '/dev/mtd/mtd4': Permission denied

If you connect to the box through UART, you automatically have root (even if ROM is not rooted).

You can then backup all.

Also, if you use CWM to backup your data, there is no need for root.

[i]In case you need help, ask it in a thread so people with similar problems may get help aswell.
Please do not ask technical questions by PM.[/i]
11-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks... I know, I know... but at the moment I haven't any UART and feel more like "make a little ball and drop it to the garbage" Wink
It isn't a custom/mod/hack friendly device...
11-11-2013, 05:00 AM
(11-11-2013 01:19 AM)no_spam_for_me Wrote:  Thanks... I know, I know... but at the moment I haven't any UART and feel more like "make a little ball and drop it to the garbage" Wink
It isn't a custom/mod/hack friendly device...

Today I just finalized some nice init.d scripts, which used with combination of nice launcher and fullscreen app, make this box very smooth with little effort.

Once we unlock the cpu and gpu, we can overclock.

What exactly are you missing from this box?

[i]In case you need help, ask it in a thread so people with similar problems may get help aswell.
11-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi BenniBassi, can you share your backup ?
Did you compile cwm or just backed up by hand?
Thanks!

PD: If you are asking yourself if i am the same person on xda, the answer is yes Tongue
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
(11-11-2013 06:02 AM)relol Wrote:  Hi BenniBassi, can you share your backup ?
Did you compile cwm or just backed up by hand?
Thanks!

PD: If you are asking yourself if i am the same person on xda, the answer is yes Tongue

I used the CWM available in this forum...... it is unofficial, but works ...... with android linux kernel 3.0.50 !!!! That means, it works AndroidGadget rom 07252013 or my recovery sd card rom.

The cwm for DroidTV MX (AML8726MX) is here.

11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
LoL That's my compiled cwm, i'm daemonium at androidpc.es Tongue
It's funny because i've compiled that cwm without having the box, and now i have a box but my cwm doesn't work on mine xD
i can't understant why is not working, i just updated the files with my specs (different size of system and usrdata) and it compiled nicely. Then when i run it to backup it starts but then freezes.
11-12-2013, 06:17 AM
(11-11-2013 08:48 PM)relol Wrote:  LoL That's my compiled cwm, i'm daemonium at androidpc.es Tongue
It's funny because i've compiled that cwm without having the box, and now i have a box but my cwm doesn't work on mine xD
i can't understant why is not working, i just updated the files with my specs (different size of system and usrdata) and it compiled nicely. Then when i run it to backup it starts but then freezes.

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT, YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

If you use kernel 3.0.99 then it will not work. you must use kernel 3.0.50.

And i checked the cwm.... it is using Android 4.1.2, the screen is off (meaning you do not see the log at first....), you have set the screen incorrectly - or better said - not set the screen size. I tried to fix it, but failed myself. Something is wrong.

Do you have the source for this? I could try to fix it and ask some android gurus to help on this....

It is the same screen size if you remove from build.prop all screen size properties.

11-12-2013, 06:42 AM
The kernel used is the one in matricom 1.1.5+, i didn't compile the kernel.
What i did is so simple, just cloned cyanogen on "jellybean" branch, created new vendor and model and made the necessary files to provide details about mtd, and that's all.
And of course, I can share with you the vendor folder. I can provide detailed instructions on how i did that.
Cheers Smile
11-12-2013, 06:51 AM
(11-12-2013 06:42 AM)relol Wrote:  The kernel used is the one in matricom 1.1.5+, i didn't compile the kernel.
What i did is so simple, just cloned cyanogen on "jellybean" branch, created new vendor and model and made the necessary files to provide details about mtd, and that's all.
And of course, I can share with you the vendor folder. I can provide detailed instructions on how i did that.
Cheers Smile

Thx !!
Up to you, if you want to send to my PM or share here....
I will not share without your permission.

But I appreciate!