DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to recover bricked DroidTV MX Box?
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 07:23 AM by Evgeniy.)
Not Solved How to recover bricked DroidTV MX Box?
In a hopeless attempt to get Netfilx to work on my new DroidTV I applied a different firmware and managed to completely brick the unit. On startup, I am now left with the word 'android' on the screen and no more.

I have tried using the firmware updates on this site and it is still not working.

Does anyone have a recovery image or instructions on how to fix this?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 06:51 AM by iamwally.)
Not Solved RE: Bricked DroidTV MX Box
I do not have my DroidTV MX box yet so I do not know for sure but I have posted a thread with instructions and files necessary to unbrick my Wepower Mediabox MX and the process may be similar. if you have any questions let me know.

thanks,

iamwally

P.S.- My Wepower had a completely black screen so I needed to connect to the board directly with usb-ttl interface. If you are getting the android logo you may be able to use sdcardmaker.exe to make a bootable card to get you into recovery mode and then load back firmware from recovery screen.
05-05-2013, 06:57 AM
hi kjadams,

sorry for the question, but did you follow this upgrade procedure?
Code:
DroidTV M3/MX update procedure:

1) Uncompress the downloaded firmware (ROM) to the root of and SD card.

2) Insert the SD Card into powered-off DroidTV (power cable not plugged in) with no external USB storage attached.

3) Using a toothpick, insert into the A/V port of DroidTV M3/MX, press and hold the hidden button while plugging power in. Do not release until you see the screen.

4) Update will run automatically. When it is done then choose “Reboot”. You can disregard any errors that display after the update, they are not relevant to your device.

5) When system has rebooted then you should first check to ensure wifi is working by going to Settings->Wi-Fi. Turn on the wifi if it’s off and you should be able to connect.
05-11-2013, 03:18 AM
Hy,

I'm having the exact same problem, and followed the procedure.
Actually my problem started with a factory reset from the android options menu.

After that, i've tried to install 2 diffrent roms from the manufacture and i am still stuck.

I am able to enter the upgrade menu, and reflash..but i always remains the same.
05-22-2013, 11:55 PM
(05-11-2013 03:18 AM)spysky Wrote:  Hy,

I'm having the exact same problem, and followed the procedure.
Actually my problem started with a factory reset from the android options menu.

After that, i've tried to install 2 diffrent roms from the manufacture and i am still stuck.

I am able to enter the upgrade menu, and reflash..but i always remains the same.

Have you tried to upgrade to the 4.2.2 FW?
05-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Yep, i would not boot no mather what i do

However, i spoke with the seller, and he repalced the unit.
05-23-2013, 03:01 AM
I sell these units locally ...I am in contact with the manufacturer I deal with in china hoping to come up with a solution...I am currently waiting for him to get info from the engineers .
09-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Not Solved RE: How to recover bricked DroidTV MX Box?
i have same problem but i done factory reset now hdmi not working also connection and have a black screen so cant get in to sytem at all box is still lights up tried recovery with tooth pick ther is just nowt anything i can do
09-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Not Solved RE: How to recover bricked DroidTV MX Box?
Easiest method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=12

In case you need help, ask it in a thread so people with similar problems may get help aswell.
Please do not ask technical questions by PM.