DroidTV MX new Firmware released!

DroidTV Wizard for XBMC

Minix X7 8th FW released!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV M3
09-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Not Solved Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV M3
Guys, we created a new compilation for linux XBMC for DroidTV M3 (based on J1nx B2 release for G-Box Midnight V2.2) .

It has the most of the known repositories included and also we added our new baby -
DroidTV Wizard addon, which will help you to have all the addon up to date

Step 1:
Downloads the file:
DroidTV_Linux_m3_260913_wizard_full.zip (105.0 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!cwAFxQjb!CNoPxzsjEK...9oe83LRipg

Step 2:
Extract the archive content to root folder of your SD Card. Insert the SD Card into your DroidTV M3 after you have removed power from it.

Step 3:
Insert a toothpick into the A/V port on the back of your DroidTV M3. Feel for the button hidden inside of the port. Press this button using the toothpick and plug the power back in, while holding this button. After 5 seconds release the button.
Step 4:
Then you should see Android sign with the update wheels spinning.

Step 5:
Device will restart and you should see the DroidTV sign followed by the successful boot.

Step 6:
Open Video-> Addons -> DroidTV Wizard
Select Addons Pack for DroidTV M3 Linux.
it will bring large list of addons into the box.

Let us know if that was useful.

We are here to help you. [url=http://androidgadget.co.uk]AndroidGadget UK[/url]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 02:04 AM by gangen.)
Not Solved RE: Buildroot Linux XBMC for DroidTV M3
Hi Evgeniy,
Thank you for this build.
I am new to the forum.
Could you please advice how to enable russion keyboard and Acestream engine without compilation?

Thanks in advance.
10-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi Evgeniy,
I would like to patch this image with the Russian keyboard(Already setup an environmentSmile.
Could you please point me in the GIT repository and the branch you have used for the compilation of the image above?
git clone -b release-0.2 https://github.com/j1nx/buildroot-AmLogic.git?
10-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Not Solved RE:Linux XBMC for DroidTV M3/DNS address
Hi
This has been working for me ok. Just a couple of tips: if you're having problems playing something check the "now playing" option under the menu button when the cursor is over the file you want to play(this might be right click on a mouse) and delete whatever file is there.Also before re-trying to play delete the cache using the routine for this in XBMChub maintenance.

Does anyone now how to change the dns address in system/settings/system/internet settings?It seems to be greyed out and the cursor just skips over the field.Cheers. Maverick
01-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I have recently got a droid M3, the box did not load correctly on first launch, so I was advised to load this programme, the box works perfectly now, but I can't find the web browser or google apps on the home page. it always opens on the page with Video-music-programmes etc.
Can anyone help please:
01-24-2014, 12:29 AM
I had problems' with droid box also the screen went completely black however on trying to reload reboot from SD card found the SD slot not accepting SD card so I rang the supplier where I bought the box from and packaged it off to him when replacement came it has worked fine but now cannot access some channels such as sports devil one channel and some movies I don't know if Linux is installed in box I have looked at programs installed and cannot see Linux anywhere there is a download to to configure I would like to know if I should do this any tips would be helpfull
01-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Think you might have loaded the wrong s/w.This is Linux software with XBMC s/w on top.I think the apps you talk about are on android software...and you can also have XBMC.Did you buy from Android Gadgets?If not try the supplier you got the box from.Good luck
01-27-2014, 01:13 AM
bought from android gadgets I returned a box that was faulty sent me a new one in the droid tv there is a pack which has Linux for droid tv in there instructions it says to download this and I have they have loaded onto box sports devil channel 1 which is what I want according to xmbc they say to download from there however am still having problems saying script error no plug in found all I really want are good sports chaneel to watch football and I would like nav x
01-27-2014, 02:17 AM
If you're having problems with sports devil and channel1 but other plugins work ok I suspect the problem is with these plugins.Check on Google to see if there are problems.Navi x should work ok.I take it the internet link works ok otherwise you would be having problems with all plugins.To check internet link go System/Settings/System/Internet Access.You should have either wifi or ethernet connection in the top item.Cheers and good luck
01-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Hi, this linux build for m3 has which xbmc 12 Or 12.2?
Also does this build have latest librtmp file because j1nx original build has old librtmp,cant update it. And hence lot of sports devil stream doesnt play.
Anyway we can update librtmp file in this build please.
Cheers